Please tell us what you think of the Proposed Vision, Mission and Goals of VSU. We need to know your comments, feedback and suggestions.
PROPOSED VISION, MISSION and GOALS of VSU
- VSU as premier University of Science and Technology in the Visayas
- Development of world-class human capital, scientific knowledge and innovative technology for sustained economic and social transformation
Core Values (Proposed)
1. TRUTH (existing) – The search for truth is the very essence of this academic institution. Pursuit of the truth is the backbone of the scientific process where certainty of results is tested against all known facts to conclude that truth has been uncovered. An institution that stands by the truth reasons in accordance with facts and realities and projects sincerity in action, character and utterance. The character of an institution is shaped by its ability to stand by the truth and make use of it.
2. INTEGRITY (new in place of “work”) – A firm adherence to an upright moral code and ethical standard is vital in the University’s search for truth. An institution engaged in producing quality human capital and scientific innovation must remain incorruptible in a morally challenging environment. Integrity is crucial in forging synergistic partnerships between the University and its stakeholders. Partnerships founded upon integrity practice transparency and mutual trust.
3. RELEVANCE (existing) –The University should continually pursue to contribute to society’s intellectual, cultural and economic progress. Its scientific and technological endeavors should be shaped by the demands of society, either in the form of knowledge in basic sciences or technology derived from applied and developmental researches.
4. EXCELLENCE (new in place of “knowledge”) – An institution should strive for excellence in its unceasing quest for the truth and relevant contributions to society. The stakeholders of the university that includes its students, producers and industries deserve nothing but the best that the institution can offer. An institution that consistently lives by excellent standards in anything that it does is efficient in its search for the truth and delivery of socially-relevant scientific and technological contributions.
1) SUSTAINED EXCELLENCE IN INSTRUCTION
Produce highly competent and world-class manpower in science and technology especially for agriculture, environmental management and industries proficient in communication skills, critical thinking, and analytical abilities.
2) HIGHLY INNOVATIVE RD/E SYSTEM AND COMPETITIVE S&T PRODUCTS
Generate and disseminate relevant knowledge and technology that leads to improved productivity, profitability and sustainability in agriculture, environment and industries.
3) ADEQUACY AND SUSTAINABILITY OF RESOURCE GENERATION
Generate adequate resources to support the University’s instruction, research and extension pursuits and physical infrastructure needs in the face of declining government subsidy to SUCs.
4) EFFICIENT, EFFECTIVE AND CLIENT-CENTERED ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES
Provide timely, accessible, acceptable and customer-friendly administrative support system that promotes partnership and sense of shared stewardship with students, faculty, alumni and other stakeholders.
5) FUNCTIONAL AND ADEQUATE PHYSICAL FACILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Provide functional and adequate facilities and support infrastructure essential to a world-class instruction, innovative RD/E, sustainable resource generation, and efficient administration.